The Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event started about an hour ago, and runs until 6 p.m. tonight (and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. tomorrow, Saturday April 16) in our office and shop (4700 E. Galbraith Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45236). Along with Lie-Nielsen, Glen-Drake Toolworks, Jeff Miller, Matt Bickford, DAED Toolworks and Czeck Edge Tools, the Society of American Period Furniture Makers is here giving demos in period techniques and tools. I don’t have a schedule for today, but in the picture above, John Fitzpatrick is discussing the techniques he’s using to build and carve the Philadelphia lowboy in the background.
I do, however, have the SAPFM demo schedule for tomorrow (and they have a lot of stunning examples of their work on hand to show off):
• 10 a.m. – Dave Wright, on how he makes a Windsor Chair
• 11 a.m. – Brooke Smith, on Bent Lamination Joinery
• Noon – Bob Compton, on Windsor Chairs
• 1 p.m. – John Goyer, on shaping chair parts
• 2 p.m. – Donna Hill, on inlay and stringing
• 3 p.m. – John Fitzpatrick, on carvings for a Philadelphia lowboy
• 4 p.m. Dan Rearhard, on designing a carving
And George Walker is here for the duration to talk about all things design.