VIDEO – Build the 21st-Century Workbench
In this video, Bob shows you how to secure just about any type of workpiece on this bench, whether you use power tools or hand tools.
This new workbench from Robert W. Lang combines the best workholding devices and ideas from a number of historic bench forms, along with a few design twists of his own. Whether you use power tools or hand tools (or both), this knockdown bench design is perfectly suited for the modern workshop. To view Bob’s blog entries following the design and construction of this incredible bench, click here.
• Hour-long video detailing the bench construction process that will play on any standard DVD player
• Plus the following digital extras that can be accessed on any computer equipped with a DVD-ROM drive:
• Enhanced PDF of magazine article, with step-by-step construction instruction
• Complete printable construction drawings
• 3D SketchUp model shows bench components from every angle (click here for free download)
note: must have SketchUp installed
• PDF slide shows of entire construction process