Online Extras: April 2010 Issue
Here are the Online Extras for the April 2010 issue.
* Read the Design Matters blog.
* Take a visit to George Walker’s shop.
* Read the review of the DVD Unlocking the Secrets of Traditional Design.
* Visit the North Carolina Museum of History.
* Read the Arts & Mysteries blog about archeology.
* Purchase The Arts & Mysteries of Hand Tools CD.
* Visit Jerome Bias’s web site.
* Download the complete SketchUp model of the Skansen Bench.
* Read a tutorial on leveling Skansen Bench feet.
* Visit Skansen’s web site.
* Download the free plan for an “I Can Do That” step stool.
* Watch the video tour of the White Water Shaker Meeting House.
* Download the complete SketchUp model of the Shaker Cupboard.
* Read about the unique tapered backboard construction of the Shaker Cupboard.
* Watch a video on making cove moulding on the table saw.
* Read more about the White Water Shaker Village.
* Get the “Complete Shaker Collection” CD.
* Read handplane stories on our Editors’ Blog.
* Read our review of William’s first DVD.
* Read our review of McConnell’s first DVD.
* Visit D.L. Barret & Sons, plane makers.
* Download a free excerpt PDF on dining table shapes and sizes.
* View a catalog of manufactured solid wood table legs and kits.
* Purchase Robert Lang’s book, “Drafting & Design for Woodworkers.”
* Read an article about secret drawers.
* Watch the free online video, Federal-style Cuffbanding.
* Discover period project plans in the book, “Building 18th-century American Furniture.”
* Read Glen D. Huey’s original story about sunken treasure.
* Read about the vacuum-drying process for sunken old growth mahogany.
* Get ideas for mahogany furniture in Glen D. Huey’s new book.
* Read about logs reclaimed from the Great Lakes.
* Visit Greener Lumber’s web site.
* How to apply an authentic Arts & Crafts finish.
* Order “Finishes that Pop” DVD by Glen D. Huey.
* Add ‘age’ to walnut like a pro.
* Read about our visit to Roy Underhill’s school.
* Video – Roy contemplates the axe.
* TRICKS-IN-ACTION – Removing Pitch from Saw Blades.
* Visit Tricks editor Kari Hultman’s woodworking blog.
* Purchase a back issue of our best tricks of all time.
* Read Christopher Schwarz’s blog entries on handsaws.
* Read our 12-volt, Lithium-ion powered drill-driver review.
* View a free plan for a shop-made solution to clamp storage.