At Woodworking in America 2015 (for which I leave in one week…and to which I’m possibly driving the truck with the benches), in addition to the education sessions in the classrooms from such woodworking luminaries as Will Neptune, Roy Underhill, Drew Langsner, Phil Lowe, Patrick Edwards, Don Williams and more, we’re offering a variety of hour-long Shop Talk sessions in the Marketplace (included with admission).
Here’s the schedule:
Friday, Sept. 12
• 11 a.m.-12 p.m. – Sharpening Hand Tools, with James Barry of Trend Machinery and Cutting Tools
• 12-1 p.m. – Fine-tuning a Hand Plane, with Deneb Puchalski of Lie-Nielsen Toolworks
• 1-2 p.m. – Introduction to CNC Woodworking, with John Hennon of Legacy Woodworking
• 2-3 p.m. – HVLP Spray Finishing Basics, with Sam Harmony of Earlex
Saturday, Sept. 13
• 11 a.m.-12 p.m. – Power Carving in the Shop, with Kevin Inkster of Arbortech
• 12-1 p.m. – How to Buy Wood, with Steve Wall of Steve Wall Lumber
• 1-2 p.m. – Understanding the Core Hand Tools, with Deneb Puchalski of Lie-Nielsen Toolworks
• 2-3 p.m. – Setting Up a Japanese Handplane, with Phil Fuentes of Woodcraft
• 3-4 p.m. Steam-bending Wood Basics, with Sam Harmony of Earlex
Online registration for the full Woodworking in America conference, 1-day access and marketplace ends this weekend; after that, it’s on-site signups only.