4 Dovetail Joints You Will Learn With This PDF
1. The basic sliding dovetail. This joint is known for its strength and beauty. You will learn how to set up your router table for a single pass on each piece, then assemble the sliding dovetail joint on a cabinet.
2. The shouldered sliding dovetail. Again moving from the basic concept of a dado and a simple dovetail joint, you will learn how to move into a more advanced joint that requires just two passes on your router table with the side piece, plus one pass on each side of the cabinet shelf.
3. The through sliding dovetail. Cap off your understanding of sliding dovetails with the most complicated of the three. You’ll be amazed at how achievable this is with some know-how and practice.
4. Variable-spaced dovetails. One perceived limitation of the basic dovetail jig is that it only works for evenly spaced dovetail joints. That’s not true. You will learn two methods for utilizing your dovetail jig and router to add variable spacing to drawers and other important furniture assemblies. This is a wonderful way to maximize your jig use without necessarily buying a dovetail template.
WITH YOUR COPY OF THE FREE DOVETAIL DOWNLOAD, THE POPULAR WOODWORKING COMMUNITY BRINGS YOU:
• Our daily email newsletter offering woodworking techniques, information about quality products and special discounts
• Expert tips and answers to important woodworking questions
• Inside information on the latest tools
• A sneak peak at upcoming articles from Popular Woodworking Magazine
• Dedicated and accessible staff and editors who are willing to help
We think you’re going to find our newsletter and blogs useful and entertaining to read. Because we’re all woodworkers here at Popular Woodworking, we generate a huge amount of valuable woodworking information that we cannot possibly cram into the printed magazine. So the newsletter and community are both great places for us to share what we know with you.