NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in the participant’s jurisdiction of residence at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of F+W Media, Inc., (“Sponsor”), its promotional partners, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. All federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. TO ENTER: The “30 Days for Dad” (“Sweepstakes”) begins on May 16, 2014 and ends on June 16, 2014. The first two days are only to enter for the first prize listed (you may enter the first day’s prize drawing a day early if you choose). To enter, go to http://www.popularwoodworking.com/30days and access the Sweepstakes entry form. Complete the required information and submit your entry. There is a different prize each day; only entrants from that 24-hour period (48 hours for the first prize) will be considered for that day’s prize except the Grand Prize (final day), for which all of the entrants from all days will be entered. Limit one entry per person per day.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: Representatives of the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award each prize within two weeks of the Sweepstakes ending. Prizes are as follows. All entrants of all 30 days will be entered into the drawing for the grand prize (Day 30, JET Pro Shop Saw). Here are the prizes and their values.
|17-May||Sat||Amana Tool||Historical Shaker Door Kit||$406.00|
|18-May||Sun||Rikon||RIKON 62-400 Air Filtration Cleaner||$200.00|
|19-May||Mon||Bessey||BESSEY K-Body Revo Kit, KRK2440||$160.00|
|20-May||Tue||Easy Wood Tools||Set of 3 Easy Hollowers||$410.00|
|21-May||Wed||Blue Spruce||16 oz Joiner’s Mallet||$95.00|
|22-May||Thu||Knew Concepts||Woodworker’s Fret saw||$95.00|
|23-May||Fri||Arbortech||Mini-TURBO Woodcarving Blade||$139.00|
|24-May||Sat||M-Power||MPOWER CRB7MK3 BUNDLE||$159.00|
|25-May||Sun||Lee Valley||$100 Gift Card||$100.00|
|26-May||Mon||Masterpiece Finishes||3-part oil/wax finishing system||$90.00|
|27-May||Tue||Wall Lumber||20 Bd Ft of Select Cherry||$121.00|
|28-May||Wed||Infinity Tools||2-piece Lock-Miter Master Jig||$60.00|
|29-May||Thu||Hamilton||Traditional Marking Gauge||$175.00|
|30-May||Fri||Bessey||BESSEY 30-Clamp Kit BTB30||$330.00|
|31-May||Sat||Excalibur by General Int’l||EX-21K Scroll Saw (with Stand & Foot Switch)||$880.00|
|1-Jun||Sun||Titebond||1 gallon of Titebond II||$21.00|
|2-Jun||Mon||Horizon||Figured Red Elm Slab||$150.00|
|3-Jun||Tue||Mirka||Mirka® CEROS 550 CV Random Orbit Sander with MV-912 Dust Extractor||$1,200.00|
|4-Jun||Wed||Woodpeckers||PRL V2 Precision Router Lift||$350.00|
|5-Jun||Thu||Work Sharp||Work Sharp 3000 Wood Tool Sharpener||$249.00|
|6-Jun||Fri||Trend Routing Technology||8” x 3” Double Sided Diamond Bench Stone (DWS/CP8/FC)||$154.00|
|7-Jun||Sat||Bessey||BGP Kit Set of General Purpose Clamps||$100.00|
|9-Jun||Mon||Leigh Industries||R9 Plus Dovetail & Box Joint Jig||$189.00|
|10-Jun||Tue||Forrest||Woodworker II saw blade||$119.00|
|11-Jun||Wed||JessEm||Clear Cut Stock Guides (model #04215)||$100.00|
|12-Jun||Thu||Gorilla Glue||$100 prize pack from The Gorilla Glue Company||$100.00|
|13-Jun||Fri||Woodline USA||4-Piece Super-Joint Set||$89.00|
|14-Jun||Sat||Wall Lumber||Ambrosia Maple Natural Edge Slab||$100.00|
|15-Jun||Sun||JET||JET ProShop Saw 708494K||$1,350.00|
4. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received, including the bonus entries given for Referrals. WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL. YOU MUST USE A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS. Residents of Canada, in order to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question administered by e-mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner fails to respond within 10 days of Sponsor’s notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility (or in Canada a Declaration of Compliance), release of liability and (where legal) publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. Return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
5. GENERAL: All federal, provincial, state and local taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize, not otherwise specified, are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners of prizes valued at US$600 or more will be issued an IRS 1099 Form for the value of the prize from the provider of that prize. In the event of a Canadian winner, Sponsor will deduct any applicable withholding taxes imposed by the U.S. and applicable state governments from value of prize award and the value of the prize to be awarded will be adjusted accordingly. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; and [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participating in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, [c] to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and online, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the collection, processing and transmission of data; [b] lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; [c] any type of graphical or other error in the advertising or printing of the Sweepstakes or in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or [d] any condition that may cause the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; and in such event Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and to award the prize via a random drawing from among all eligible entries legitimately received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized Web site address. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originate at any other Internet Web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered at the time of entry. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence that winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Judge’s decisions are final and binding.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, by participating each entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning these official rules shall be governed by Ohio law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Hamilton County in the state of Ohio, United States, and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: [a] any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and [b] any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and [c] under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
8. WINNER LIST: To receive winners’ names, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by August 19, 2014, to: “30 Days for Dad Sweepstakes” Winners, 8469 Blue Ash Road Suite 100, Cincinnati, OH 45236. (Residents of Canada may omit return postage.) Winners names will be available on or about June 20, 2014.
SPONSOR: F+W Media, Inc., 8469 Blue Ash Road Suite 100, Cincinnati, OH 45236