Roy Underhill loves toys and whimsical wooden objects – some traditional and some new. Sit back, relax and enjoy seven hours of classic woodworking fun and frivolity from The Woodwright’s Shop in “Roy’s Toys.”
- #212 A TALE OF TWO TOYS — Roy looks at a collection of classic wood toys, then shows you the steps to create a Crow Chaser.
- #307 WHIMSY DIDDLING — Learn how to make classic mountain folk toys – the Gee Haw Whimsy Diddle and a Willow Whistle.
- #511 MUSIC MILL — Roy makes a six-note music mill from wine bottles; it can be powered by hand crank or water wheel.
- #607 THINGS THEY’D NEVER MAKE — Learn to make small projects from scrap wood, including wooden ties, a pop gun, a do-nothing machine and a flying top.
- #707 WHIRLIGIGS — Andy Lundy stops by to talk about the history, design and construction details of a variety of whirligigs.
- #712 GAMEBOARDS — Roy shows you how to make a couple of classic board games: Fox & Geese and a checkers (or chess) board.
- #807 FOLK TOYS — Make some classic folk toys including a fish hook and a Jacob’s ladder.
- #904 THE DANCING TOYS — Roy makes a “limberjack” dancing toy, an acrobat toy and a jointed toy.
- #1310 CRAZY WOODEN THINGS FOR KIDS TO MAKE — The theme is string-powered toys – you learn how to make a spinning top, pump drill and a simplified version of the mechanism for a flying ball clock.
- #1610 SAND-POWERED WOODEN TOYS — Build two simple toys with Roy: an interlocking puzzle and a sand-powered whirligig.
- #1810 TRADITIONAL TOYS — Roy shows you how to make a traditional Russian pecking-chicken toy.
- #1910 WHEELED TOYS IN WOOD — Learn how to make three duck toys for when the weather is just right.
- #2010 TOYS THAT MAKE NOISE — Join Roy as he solders a tin-can bird whistle and makes a turned, boxwood whistling top.
- #2502 WOODEN PUZZLES — Learn the secrets to wooden puzzles by making a wooden knot and three burr puzzles.
- #2809 ANIMATED WOODEN TOYS — Roy looks at wooden toys that inspire the imagination & make the world a better place.