Laguna Tools IQ CNC Review: Part One
In Part One and Part Two of this series on small shop CNCs, I introduced machines in this group that are designed to perform well in home and small professional shops. What they have in common is the size range and their engineering, design, components, specifications and build. Now, it’s time for a closer look at one of the machines and a review of the Laguna IQ.
There’s a lot to cover in a review of a CNC so I thought that I could cover more in a video review. Here’s Part One (look for Part Two later this week).
Laguna IQ Features
- 50.5” x 39.5” Footprint
- Weight: 425 lbs.
- 24” x 36” x 6” Work Envelope
- Over-travel of 4” on Y Axis
- Welded Steel Box Construction Frame
- Prismatic Linear Rails
- Ball Screws
- 2.2 KW (about 3HP) Water-Cooled Spindle
- T-track and MDF Base
- RichAuto A11 Pendant Control System
- Price $5999
- Website: https://lagunatools.com/cnc/iq-series/iq-24-36-cnc/
In Part Two I’ll talk about how Laguna IQ works for common woodworking uses.