WIA 2013 Marketplace & ‘Shop Talk’ Details
Come on down to the Woodworking in America Marketplace 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18 and Saturday, Oct. 19 at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center. The admission fee is less than two fancy coffee drinks ($10 at the door) – and active-duty members of the military, police officers and firefighters get in free, as do spouses of woodworkers.
Not only will you get to see and try some of the best tools available today (including several dealers in top-quality vintage tools), you can also learn from the exhibitors at their booths, and at “Shop Talk” presentations:
Friday, Oct. 18
• 11 a.m., Earlex/Sam Harmony, HVLP Spray Finishing Simplified
• Noon, Lie-Nielsen/Deneb Puchalski, Sharpening Hand Tools
• 1 p.m., Tony Murland, Tool Hunting in the U.K.
• 2 p.m., Woodcraft/Scott Phillips, Woodworking Tips & Tricks
• 3 p.m., Horizon Wood Product/Peter Terbovich, Bookmatching Wood & Grain Orientation
Saturday, Oct. 19
• 11 a.m., Woodcraft/Rob Cosman, Cutting Dovetails by Hand
• 1 p.m., Lie-Nielsen/Deneb Puchalski, Understanding the Core Hand Tools
• 2 p.m., Woodcraft/Phil Fuentes, Understanding Japanese Tools
• 3 p.m., Earlex/Sam Harmony, Steam Bending Wood
Plus, there are door prizes drawings, the Hand Tool Olympics, glue trade ins at the Gorilla Glue booth and more!
For more information about everything going on at Woodworking in America 2013, check out the web site (and tickets are still available for the full conference).