SketchUp Model Available for my Tool Cabinet
A few years ago I was teaching a class on handplanes when one of the students came up to my bench to ask a favor. One of the main reasons he had signed up for the class was to get me to sign the cover of the December 2004 issue of Popular Woodworking.
On the cover was the Arts & Crafts Tool Cabinet I’d built. He had read the article so many times that the issue was falling apart. I hope he got the courage up to build the piece.
During the last four years, I have been continually surprised by how popular that project is. We quickly sold out of the back issue. And I get requests for reprints all the time. Plus, people still send me photos of their progress on building the cabinet.
Today reader Peter Alonso sent us a SketchUp model of the tool cabinet that we placed in Google’s 3D Warehouse. You can download it (and SketchUp) for free here.
It’s a detailed model. All the assemblies are made into components, so you can really take the thing apart, learn how it was built and alter it to your satisfaction.
While you’re at the 3D Warehouse, you might want to check out all the other free models we’ve posted there , many of them are from Woodworking Magazine.
– Christopher Schwarz
Looking for More Free Woodworking Information?
– Sign up for our newsletters to get free plans, techniques and reviews HERE.
– Like tools? We do! Read our latest tool coverage HERE.
– Looking for free project plans? We have hundreds. Click HERE.
– Learn a new woodworking technique today. Click HERE.
– Want more videos? See all our free videos HERE.
– Check out our selection of half-price woodworking books HERE.
– Get 8 years of Popular Woodworking on one CD. Click HERE.