WS – Heavy-Duty Folding Shop Table
Heavy-Duty Folding Shop Table
You can build this
workhorse in a day,
using little more than
a tablesaw, jigsaw,
hacksaw and a drill.
By Tom Caspar
Need more bench space? Who doesn’t? Here’s a terrific
solution: a folding worktable that’s both big and
strong.And we mean strong.
You can set it up in only a minute and be ready for
routing, sanding, planing—you name it. When
you’re done, fold up the table into a super-compact unit
only five-inches thick and stow it away. Here
today, tucked away tomorrow.
1. This worktable is built for
2. This table is built like a rock but knocks down in only a minute. You don’t
3. Cut one long groove in each rail to receive the four
4. Mount the hinges before assembling the table.
5. Lock the table together with bolts and T-nuts. The T-nuts
Step 1. Thread the blocks onto the threaded rod buried in the rail.
Step 2. Swing the rail upright.Then drive a screw through the T-nut
Step 3. Unthread the bolt from the T-nut block. Fold the rail down and
This story originally appeared in American Woodworker April 2002, Issue #93.