For more than 30 years, Roy Underhill has been educating and entertaining audiences with his unrivaled knowledge of traditional hand tools and building techniques. Join Roy for Season Thirty-two, in The Woodwright’s Shop download. Enjoy 5 hours and 50 minutes of instruction and entertainment.
Episodes 1-13 include:
- RISE OF THE MACHINES! – Roy gets caught up in a bevy of century-old, foot-powered woodworking machines.
- THE ELEVEN-GROOVED BOX – Grooves and splines make a tidy oak box, but can the joints be cut by using just hand tools?
- TABLE JOINTS RULE! – You can’t make a dropleaf table without the rule joint. Learn the tools and techniques needed to cut it by hand.
- THE ANARCHIST’S TOOL CHEST – Christopher Schwarz’s anarchist’s tool chest starts a back-to-basics revolution!
- TWO SCREWS FOR YOU! – Christopher Schwarz joins Roy to rediscover the wooden, two-screw vise.
- SCREW CUTTIN’ LATHE – Roy uses an 1889 foot-powered lathe to cut perfect threads, cones and tapers in iron and brass.
- THE TROUBLESOME TRIANGLE STOOL – Peter Follansbee and Roy tackle terrible turned tenons for the old triangular stool.
- WRETCHED RATCHET READING RACK – With foot-powered lathes, Peter Follansbee turns this adjustable bookstand from walnut and maple.
- RAISING PANEL-ZONA – Roy uses both complex planes and tricks with basic tools to raise a panel.
- CARVING THE CAMELLIA – Woodcarver Mary May makes basswood flowers bloom.
- FORGING THE HOLDFAST – Blacksmith Peter Ross shows how to forge historical versions of this powerful gripper.
- THE ENFIELD CUPBOARD – Simple to construct and elegant in design, this cupboard is a standby in any room or shop.
- THE SHAKER BEND – From their furniture to their bentwood boxes, the Shakers may be our most modern artisans.
Preview: Episode 4, The Anarchist’s Tool Chest, with Christopher Schwarz