Every woodworker who visits Colonial Williamsburg makes a stop at the Anthony Hay Shop as part of the trip. Roy Underhill has made many visits to this recreated 18th-century woodworking shop to learn about traditional tools and techniques. Sit back, relax and enjoy classic woodworking fun from The Woodwright’s Shop in "Colonial Williamsburg: The Anthony Hay Shop."
Episodes included in this DVD:
- #512 SECRETS FROM THE CABINET SHOP – Roy visits with master cabinetmaker Mack Headley to learn some of the secrets that were standard fare for 18th-century American woodworking.
- #609 THE BOTETOURT CHAIR – Roy takes a look at 18th-century woodworking details found in furniture at the Anthony Hay shop, including a carved Masonic Master’s chair.
- #1109 WILLIAMSBURG WOODCRAFT – Discover how frame- and-panel shutters were made in the 18th-century.
- #1208 BANDING TOGETHER – Instrument maker Marcus Hanson makes inlay banding with Roy.
- #1209 THE ART OF FINISHING – Learn what has changed (and what hasn’t!) in furniture finishing since the 1700s.
- #2011 CARVING WITH THE CABINETMAKERS – Roy talks furniture carving with master Mack Headley.
- #2113 COLONIAL TABLE MAKER – Learn traditional cabinetmaker tricks for tenoning trestles and turning tops while building tables.
Watch a Preview of Episode #609 – The Botetourt Chair Now:
Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.