We compiled a collection of 10 diverse tables to get you into the shop, and your plates off the floor.
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- Factory Cart Coffee Table Turn-of-the-century industrial chic for modern living rooms, this factory cart table is built for java and a book (but you could move a crankshaft in a pinch).
- Contemporary Coffee Table This coffee table is sturdy and easy to build – and its angled legs make a striking statement. Add contemporary flair to your living room with this original design.
- Game Table Checkers? Chess? Whatever your game, this little table is the perfect stage for a battle royale (and some quality time) with a friend or family member.
- A Picnic of a Build Whether you use it outside or for whimsical (and bug-free) indoor dining, this fun, easy-to-build picnic table is a perfect project for large meals with family and friends.
- Red Oak Coffee Table The secret to this complex-looking table? It’s super easy to build. Battens hold the top and shelf together, and screws and soda cans round out your supplies.
- A Tapered-leg Table You always need a little table, whether it’s bedside, couchside or on an outside, covered porch. This tiny, tapered-leg table goes wherever you need it.
- Victorian Side Table Show off your Shakespeare with an era-appropriate design. Complete with long top and a v-shaped bookshelf, this table would be at home in the Bard’s chambers.
- Limbert Tabourette Based on a 1905 table by Arts & Crafts furniture company Charles P. Limbert Co., this compact piece assembles easily thanks to a tricky (though very doable) rabbet.
- Nakashima-Inspired Table Inspired by mid-century maker George Nakashima and a deceased backyard cherry tree, this live-edge table design brings nature indoors with a truly unique piece.
- Shaker Trestle Table The kitchen table plays host to some of life’s finest memories. The Shakers surely understood this, and this simple trestle table adds stability to their classic design.
Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.