If you’ve never experienced the pleasure of using a really sharp tool, you’re missing one of the real pleasures of woodworking.
In The Perfect Edge Digital Collection, the mystery of the elusive sharp edge is solved by long-time sharpening expert and tool maker Ron Hock.
You’ll soon find how easy and safe hand tools are to use. This eBook and video download covers all of the different sharpening methods. Ron shows you the tricks and offers expert advice to sharpen all your woodworking tools, plus a few around-the-house tools that also deserve a perfect edge.
- What “sharp” means – and how to get there
- About properly heat-treating and tempering a tool blade
- How to put an initial grind on your blade, and whether hollow or flat grinding is preferred
- The pros and cons of various sharpening stones, and what makes them different
- About setting angles for sharpening and some recommended jigs that can help
- To sharpen plane blades, chisels, gouges and scrapers
- And much more!
Make sure you’re getting the best performance from your tool edges – by making sure they’re truly sharp!
About the Author:
Ron Hock is the owner of Hock Tools, a twenty-five-year-old cottage industry that makes acknowledged superior blades for planes and other woodworking tools. Hock started the business when, as a struggling knifemaker, students at James Krenov’s Fine Woodworking program at The College of the Redwoods in Fort Bragg, California, came to him for plane irons for the wooden planes they were making at the school. He tooled up for plane irons, learned about plane-making and found a niche-market of discerning woodworkers who appreciate a superior tool.
Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.