Chairs Don’t Have to be Difficult
Follow along with Christopher Schwarz as he shows you how to make a chair using a small set of tools – but with none of the typical chairmaking anxiety. You’ll learn:
• How to orient the legs for proper splay and rake – without a whole lot of math
• The secret to strong leg joints so there’s no need for stretchers between the legs (much less complicated!)
• How to design a comfortable seat without the complication of saddling (shaping)
• How to shape octagonal tapered legs and spindles, with no need for a shaving horse
• To make a curved crest rail from firewood using a super-simple steam-bending method
• And much more!
Take the fear out of your first chair project!
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Christopher Schwarz is a former editor of Popular Woodworking Magazine, where he worked between 1996 and 2011. He is now a contributing editor to the magazine and is the editor at Lost Art Press. He has produced numerous DVDs for Popular Woodworking and for Lie-Nielsen Toolworks on traditional skills. He is also the author the “The Anarchist’s Design Book” (Lost Art Press) among several others.
Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.