Build storage tailored for traditional tools.
Learn how to make this full-size traditional English tool chest based on period examples. Christopher Schwarz guides you step-by-step through the techniques to make this sturdy chest. It has plenty of room for the 50 or so hand tools you need to build just about anything – plus, it protects your tools from harmful dust.
In this woodworking video you’ll learn:
- Must-know basics for preparing wood
- How to cut the dovetails that join the carcase
- Joinery for a solid lid that seals out dust and dirt
- How to add period-appropriate hardware
- Simple storage solutions to maximize space inside your completed tool chest
- The steps to add border details to your piece
- And much more!
When you’re done, you’ll have a showcase project that properly protects your most valuable investment – your tools.
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Christopher Schwarz is a former editor of Popular Woodworking Magazine, where he worked between 1996 and 2011. He is now a contributing editor to the magazine and is the editor at Lost Art Press. He has produced numerous DVDs for Popular Woodworking and for Lie-Nielsen Toolworks on traditional skills. Christopher is also the author of “The Anarchist’s Tool Chest” and “The Anarchist’s Design Book” (Lost Art Press), among many other books.