Build Your Hand Skills (and a Bookcase)!
Using only hand tools, build a simple pine bookcase that will hold any size book. Designed for strength, this smart bookcase is a great way to get into handwork and it can be constructed in just a couple of days!
In this Video Download, you’ll learn:
- How to cut and build with dados
- About forged nails and how to pick the right type of nail for your project
- How to cut stopped grooves with a mortising plane
- The steps to create a tongue-and-groove back
- How to use a beading plane
- To mix and use milk paint
- And much more!
If you’ve been looking for a useful project to build your hand tool skills, look no further!
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Christopher Schwarz is a former editor of Popular Woodworking Magazine, where he worked between 1996 and 2011. He is now a contributing editor to that magazine and is the editor at Lost Art Press. He has produced numerous DVDs for Popular Woodworking and for Lie-Nielsen Toolworks on traditional skills. He is also the author of the book, “Campaign Furniture” (Lost Art Press) and others.