Here’s the latest edition in our FREE woodworking projects series – how to build shelves! Building shelves is always a great project. Over the years, the need for large, built-in bookcases and entertainment centers has declined, but the need for compact, stylish storage like floating shelves has increased! The same thing goes for building garage shelves. You want something that will fit nicely in a compact space, while maximizing storage convenience. Don’t waste any time on custom shelf design. Just download our FREE woodworking projects PDF now, and start with the ready-to-go shelf plans inside! You will learn how to build floating shelves and how to build garage shelves. Go for it!
To receive your free download join our mailing list and never miss news, tips, promotions or discounts.
Six Things You’ll Learn With This Download:
Download the Building Shelves PDF here
1. Design shelves with ultra-light construction, or torsion boxes. It sounds fancy and complicated, but it is easy. These floating shelves look substantial and hold a good amount of weight, while being light and easy to hang.
2. Use standard cleats or French cleats to hang your shelves.
3. Learn to wrap the grain around a miter joint. You don’t have to do this to build a good shelf, but it will really improve the overall finish.
4. When it comes to building garage shelves, you’ll see how to create 13 cubic feet of storage within just 3 square feet of floor space. Amazing!
5. A great technique for routing dadoes.
6. Build a router bit drawer for neat storage that will preserve the life of your bits.
As you can see, we have you covered with this PDF in both your living spaces and your garage shop, and there is nothing better than FREE! Join Steve Shanesy, Chris Schwarz and Jim Stuard in these fun woodworking projects.
This Magic Floating Shelf Technique Could Change the Way You Build Shelves Forever
Take a guess at how light these cherry floating shelves are. Now halve the number, and you’re probably closer to the right answer. Here’s how it’s done.
How to Build Floating Shelves with Cohesive Grain
Learn to wrap the grain around a miter joint. You don’t need special clamps, just some packing tape. By using a couple of furniture-making tricks you can build floating shelves that look worlds better than off-the-rack racks.
DIY Garage Shelves & Cabinet
Perfect for a small woodshop, this DIY cabinet squeezes 13 cubic feet of tool storage into less than 3 square feet of floor space.
Get started today!
We think you’re going to find our newsletter and blogs useful and entertaining to read. Because we’re all woodworkers here at Popular Woodworking, we generate a huge amount of valuable woodworking information that we cannot possibly cram into the printed magazine. So the newsletter and community are both great places for us to share what we know with you.