The following is unfiltered, mostly unedited and likely unreadable. But this is what I do.
Today I launched headfirst into building this Roubo workbench. First up: Dress the legs. Well, the four legs look worse now than when I sawed them up. One leg looks OK from the front. On two legs, some checking has progressed to the point that I’m worried about their long-term life. The fourth leg is punky and is likely a loss.
I set the legs aside. I have a plan to replace them with some 4×4 Douglas fir fence posts. I can still make the legs totally by hand with only one glue line to make each 6″ x 3-1/2″ leg. I can manage that.
So I turned my attention to the two pieces for the top slab. They also had checked a little more during the last two weeks, but not to the point where I wanted to make firewood. So I started out dressing the edges to glue up the top.