Streaming video — Available July 12 at ShopClass.PopularWoodworking.com
DVD — Order now on ShopWoodworking.com
Learn more about all Roy Underhill episodes here.
Episode Guide Season 20 – Anniversary Season
- Lap Desk — Watch and learn as Roy builds a reproduction of a simple walnut lap desk from the 19th century.
- Turned Corner Chair — Follow along as Roy shows you how to make a circa-1550 three-legged chair from the Flemish town of Rotterdam.
- Banjo Man George Wunderlich — Join Roy as he welcomes George Wunderlich and watch as he recreates a mid-1800s banjo.
- Writer’s Bookcase — Watch as Roy builds a small oak bookcase, without glue or fasteners, for easier disassembly.
- Timber Corner — Pick up valuable tips for large-scale woodworking from Roy as he builds the corner of a timber-framed structure.
- Decoy Carvers — Observe Nick Supone and Neal Conolly as they stop by “The Woodwright’s Shop” and demonstrate the hewing and carving techniques used in creating a duck decoy.
- Eastfield Village — Travel with Roy to Eastfield Village where he tours the museum’s restored historic buildings.
- Marquetry Master Patrick Edwards — Watch and learn as Roy visits with marquetry expert Patrick Edwards, and discusses the technique of “painting in wood.”
- In the Blacksmith’s Shop — Join Roy for a visit with blacksmiths Peter Ross and Ken Schwarz where they demonstrate making bench chisels and more.
- Toys That Make Noise — Watch as Roy soldiers a tin-can bird whistle and makes a boxwood whistling top.
- Carving with the Cabinetmakers — Travel along with Roy to the Hay Cabinet Shop at Williamsburg for a furniture-carving talk with Master Mack Headley.
- Windsor Chair — Watch as Roy visits with Mike Dunbar of the Windsor Institute as he demonstrates the process for building a sack-back Windsor chair.
- 20th Anniversary Show — Join Roy as he looks back on 20 years of “The Woodwright’s Shop,” including highlights of guests, projects and memorable moments.
Discuss this season in the comments below.