Years ago we had a Caption the Cartoon contest in every issue of the magazine. Bob Rech would draw a cartoon, and readers would send in postcards suggesting captions. It was my job to sort the hundreds of postcards (“funny ha-ha,” “funny strange” and “deeply troubled”).
After several years we discontinued to contest to make space for other columns in Popular Woodworking, but I do miss the contest.
So here’s one for old time’s sake. Above is a great photo of turner Dave Lancaster in his shop after a long session at the lathe. Write a caption for this photo before midnight April 5 and leave it in the comments below. The best caption will win a copy of our new “The Best of Shops & Workbenches” CD, which has 62 of our favorite articles on building benches, setting up your shop and filling it with the jigs you need. (You can see a slideshow of the contents of our $15 CD here.)
– Christopher Schwarz
Looking for More Free Woodworking Information?
– Sign up for our newsletters to get free plans, techniques and reviews HERE.
– Like tools? We do! Read our latest tool coverage HERE.
– Looking for free project plans? We have hundreds. Click HERE.
– Learn a new woodworking technique today. Click HERE.
– Want more videos? See all our free videos HERE.
– Check out our selection of half-price woodworking books HERE.
– Get 8 years of Popular Woodworking on one CD. Click HERE.
Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.