My last entry focused on the fortuitous way I found the raw material and tracked the design process. This time I will show how I created the teapot.
First, I glued together the remains of the shattered wood bowl with black epoxy. I followed a similar technique that archeologists utilize to reassemble historic ceramic objects.
Second, I made the teapot arm-base from laminated walnut. I asked my friend and frequent collaborator, metal-artist Leslie Hartwell, to create the copper & brass arm girder.
After all the pieces were assembled I hung the sugar lid by the arm and took a picture of the piece.
I put the teapot in a box and took it to the gallery. What followed was a unique chain of events that I could have not anticipated.
Read about what happened next in my third and final blog entry about the flash teapot to be posted in the next few days.
Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.