A clamp for odd shapes - Popular Woodworking Magazine

A clamp for odd shapes

 In American Woodworker Blog

 For things like chair or stool legs.    Yep, there are band clamps out there, if you want to spend some cash.    Being the frugal (CHEAP) guy that I am, I use something from the shop instead.      When i need to "band clamp" a glue-up up, I just grab an inner tube.    Wrap it around the item, and then pump up the "clamp" with air.   The rubber inner tube will not slip around on the project, no metal parts to mar the surface.    To unclamp, just let the air out.  How much clamping force you use is determine by  how much air you put in the inner tube.    Bicycle inner tubes seem to work the best, kind of hard to find ones from car tires around here.

Recommended Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search