NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in the participant’s jurisdiction of residence at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of F+W Media, Inc., (“Sponsor”), its promotional partners, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. All federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. TO ENTER: The “2016 Popular Woodworking December to Remember Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) begins on Dec. 1, 2016 and ends on Dec. 31, 2016. To enter, go to http://www.popularwoodworking.com/31days and access the Sweepstakes entry form. Complete the required information and submit your entry. There is a different prize each day; only entrants from that 24-hour period (Central Time Zone) will be considered for that day’s prize. Limit one entry per person per day. The Sweepstakes uses a refer-a-friend system. You get 5 extra entries each day for each person who enters the Sweepstakes from your link. All entrants are entered into the drawing for the Dec. 31 Grand Prize, along with entrants from that day alone.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: Representatives of the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award each prize within two weeks of the Sweepstakes ending. Prizes are listed in the Sweepstakes, and are listed at the bottom of these rules with their values.
4. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received, including the bonus entries given for Referrals. Winner will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Residents of Canada, in order to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question administered by mail or e-mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner fails to respond within 10 days of Sponsor’s notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility (or in Canada a Declaration of Compliance), release of liability and (where legal) publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. Return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
5. GENERAL: All federal, provincial, state and local taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize, not otherwise specified, are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners of prizes valued at US$600 or more will be issued an IRS 1099 Form for the value of the prize from the provider of that prize. In the event of a Canadian winner, Sponsor will deduct any applicable withholding taxes imposed by the U.S. and applicable state governments from value of prize award and the value of the prize to be awarded will be adjusted accordingly. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; and [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participating in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, [c] to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and online, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the collection, processing and transmission of data; [b] lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; [c] any type of graphical or other error in the advertising or printing of the Sweepstakes or in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or [d] any condition that may cause the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; and in such event Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and to award the prize via a random drawing from among all eligible entries legitimately received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized Web site address. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originate at any other Internet Web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered at the time of entry. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence that winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Judge’s decisions are final and binding.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, by participating each entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning these official rules shall be governed by Ohio law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Hamilton County in the state of Ohio, United States, and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: [a] any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and [b] any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and [c] under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
8. WINNER LIST: To receive winner’s name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by Feb. 20, 2017, to: “2016 Popular Woodworking December to Remember Sweepstakes” Winners, 8469 Blue Ash Road Suite 100, Cincinnati, OH 45236. (Residents of Canada may omit return postage.) Winner’s name will be available on or about Jan. 15, 2016.
SPONSOR: F+W Media, Inc., 8469 Blue Ash Road Suite 100, Cincinnati, OH 45236
PRIZES AND VALUES
December 1st – Lee Valley Tools $100 Gift Card
December 2nd – BESSEY K-Body Revo Kit, KRK2440 | Retail Price: $159.99
December 3rd – Woodpeckers Precision Router Lift V2 (PRLV2) | Retail Price: $369.99
December 4th – Amana Tool 8-Piece General Purpose CNC Router Bit Collection | Retail Price: $224.00
December 5th – Arbortech TURBOShaft | Retail Price: $109.00
December 6th – RIKON Oscillating Spindle Sander | Retail price: $399.99
December 7th – Triton Tools Biscuit Joiner TBJ001 | Retail Price: $162.38
December 8th – Woodpeckers Drill Press Table | Retail Price: $149.99
December 9th – Kreg Jig® K5 Master System | Retail Price: $169.99
December 10th – JessEm Tool Company Clear Cut Stock Guides | Retail Price: $249.99
December 11th – MPOWER CRB7MK3 Bundle | Retail price: $159.48
December 12th – Horizon Wood Products Cherry Slab | Retail Price: $95.00
December 13th – Arbortech Mini-Grinder | Retail Price: $261.92
December 14th – Knew Concepts Coping Saw | Retail Price: $149.00
December 15th – Woodpeckers 12″, 8″ and 6″ squares | Retail Price: $239.98
December 16th – Leigh Industries NEW RTJ400 Jig | Retail Price: $365.00
December 17th – Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue | Retail Price: $33.00
December 18th – Oneida Air Systems Dust Deputy Deluxe | Retail Price: $99.00
December 19th – Klingspor Woodworking Shop $100.00 Gift Card | Retail Price: $100.00
December 20th – Rikon Tools 8″ Wet Sharpener | Retail price: $249.99
December 21st – Trend Routing Technology, Inc. — 8” x 3” Double-Sided Diamond Bench Stone (DWS/CP8/FC) | Retail value: $153.82
December 22nd – Woodworker II 10×30 Ripping Saw Blade (WW10307125) | Retail Price: $125.00
December 23rd – Work Sharp Woodworking Tool Sharpener 3000 | Retail Price: $249.95
December 24th – Steve Wall Lumber 20 Bd. Ft. of Ambrosia Maple | Retail price: $95.00
December 25th – Mirka® DEROS Dust-Free Sanding System (includes: Mirka DEROS 5” Brushless DC Sander, MV-912 Dust Extractor, MIN6519411 4m Vacuum Hose) | Retail price: $1,445.00
December 26th – Arbortech’s TURBOPlane blade | Retail Price: $159.00
December 27th – Blue Spruce Toolworks Marking Knife System | Retail Price: $265.00
December 28th – Woodpeckers Mini-Scraper | Retail Price: $21.99
December 29th – DMT 10-in. DuoSharp® Bench Stone with base -W250EF-WB | Retail price: $172.72
December 30th – Woodline Cabinet Door Package | Retail Price: $172.95
December 31st – JET ProShop Saw 708494K | Retail Price: $1620.00