How To Buy
Streaming video — Available at ShopClass.PopularWoodworking.com
DVD — Order now on ShopWoodworking.com
Learn more about all Roy Underhill episodes here.
Episode Guide Season 8
- Folding Ladder — Roy shows us how to recreate an 18th-century folding library ladder that collapses into a simple pole shape.
- The Four Harness Loom Pt. 1 — During two episodes we learn how to recreate an 18th-century loom for weaving cloth. The first episode focuses on the frame of the loom.
- The Four Harness Loom Pt. 2 — Roy completes the project of recreating an 18th-century loom for weaving cloth.
- Sled — A wonderful tradition, Roy builds a classic Yankee sled and a toboggan for enjoying the next snowfall.
- Woodworking Benches — Roy looks at the variety of benches used for woodworking, including a joiner’s bench, hacking benches, and a chair maker’s bench.
- Folk Toys — Roy loves his toys, and this episode is dedicated to making three folk toys: a fish hook; chickens pecking toy; and a Jacob’s ladder.
- Appalachian Dulcimer — A traditional American stringed instrument, Roy shows us the steps to make a classic dulcimer.
- Danish Folding Stools — Recreated for centuries, Roy shares methods for creating two different classic folding stools.
- English Woodcraft — Roy visits Sussex, England to view classic building construction techniques and joinery.
- African Musical Instruments — Roy looks at a balaphone (or marimba), kalimba (or thumb piano), a banjo and couple of African drums.
- Tavern Table — Build a classic, small pine tavern table.
- Mary Rose Tankard — To go with the tavern table, Lew LeCompte, a Williamsburg cooper shows how to make a tigg, or drinking mug.
Discuss this season in the comments below.