Streaming video — Available now at ShopClass.PopularWoodworking.com
DVD — Order now on ShopWoodworking.com
Learn more about all Roy Underhill episodes here.
Episode Guide Season 2
- Handles — Watch as Roy examines a number of tool handles, then creates an axe handle from a split of hickory and turns a chisel handle.
- Candle Stand — Follow along as Roy walks you through the steps of creating a classic walnut candle stand.
- Handplanes — Learn the history of a wide variety of handplanes as Roy explains their many and specialized uses.
- In Yer Drawers — Join Roy as he makes a hand-hewn, half-blind dovetailed drawer for his workbench, and discusses many of the techniques used in traditional drawer making.
- Findin’ & Fixin’ — See what Roy discovers at a scrap yard, antique store and flea market on his way to “The Woodwright’s Shop.”
- Saws — It’s all about staying sharp, and in this episode Roy examines the dizzying array of saws available, from familiar panel saws to bowsaws and pit saws. Plus, as a special bonus Roy shows you how to sharpen a bowsaw.
- Williamsburg Blacksmiths — Accompany Roy on a visit to Colonial Williamsburg to work with the living history museum’s blacksmiths as they make a froe, and forge a cant hook.
- Window Sash — Discover what’s involved in handcrafting window sash as Roy walks you through the process.
- Boat Building — Join Roy on a visit to the Hampton Mariner’s Museum, whe he discovers more about the history of small boat building.
- A Tale of Two Toys — Take a trip down memory lane as Roy looks at a collection of classic wood toys, then shows you how to create a Crow Chaser.
- *Missing Episodes* – There are three missing episodes from this seasons. Two have recently been recovered with the help of a view and will be a available soon.
Discuss this season in the comments below.