“Two DVD’s + Book + Full-Size Patterns + Online Support = Success!
Most woodworkers’ “”bucket lists”” of projects include crafting a Maloof-inspired rocking chair. Brocks’ instructional bundle includes a DVD (103 minutes) and companion book (48 pages with 69 pictures) that provide you with all the plans and instruction you need to build your heirloom rocker with confidence. Plus, you’ll receive additional support through membership in a special club for builders of sculptured furniture.
In addition, you will receive the companion video, Shaping a Sculpted Rocker (W8654) DVD with your order.
Brock teaches you how to:
- Select suitable stock
- Scoop out a deep, coopered seat
- Craft the unique seat-to-leg joinery
- Shape, sculpt and assemble the flowing headrest, arms and back spindles
- Laminate and carve the signature reverse curved rockers
- Carve the rocker to your taste
The companion video teaches the art of carving a beautiful organic rocking chair. Using lively, tight video shots with rich explanations, I break down the 1 hour and 50 minutes of instruction into four parts:
- Identification of the hand and power tools that I use
- Analysis of all of the rocker’s lines and surfaces in three views
- How to sculpt the individual parts of the rocker
- How to fair the parts together for that flowing monolithic look.
I will teach you to sculpt furniture and help you make your rocker a true work of art to be enjoyed for years to come.
Create a Maloof-inspired rocker with a touch of your own artistry!