Several people have asked questions about the Marketplace at Woodworking in America. Here are some answers.
– If you are registered for classes at Woodworking in America, you can go to the Marketplace all you like. It’s included in your registration fee.
– If you want to attend the Marketplace alone, then $7 gets you in for both days (Friday and Saturday). You’ll either get an armband or two tickets.
– If you pay to go into the Marketplace (or are a full-conference attendee), you can visit John Sindelar’s traveling tool museum (drool rags and Depends not included). It will be on the Marketplace floor.
– The Marketplace will also feature demonstrations by bodger Don Weber. Buy him a bagel or a beer and he’ll teach you anything you want to know about coppicing, chairmaking or foot-powered turning.
– If you attend the Marketplace you can participate in the Hand Tool Olympics (game on, people).
– And yes, admittance to the restrooms is covered by the admission fee. You will be issued four tickets. One ticket per flush.
– Christopher Schwarz