Staining Wood – No Chemistry Degree Needed!
Staining wood means adding color to wood. Simple as that. So why does it seem so complicated? Well, that’s because humans are humans, and they love to make simple things like wood stain seem a lot harder than they really are. Here at Popular Woodworking, we want to solve that problem! Before you go to the store and start looking at wood stain colors, download our FREE guide on how to stain wood. You’ll be so glad you did. It’s like having a translation for all the brands and packaging information about wood staining. Download your guide now!
Do you want to use a black wood stain, a white wood stain, a brightly colored stain or some sort of grey wood stain? Once you’ve decided on wood stain colors, it comes down to knowing what type of product you’re using and the easiest way to apply it. Brand information such as “Cabot Wood Stain” doesn’t necessarily help. Our FREE download tells you what you really need to know about the chemistry behind the wood stain, and what to expect when you brush, wipe or spray it on. It’s a lot simpler than you think!
Wood staining techniques you will learn with this free download:
1. The 6 common types of stain you will find at the store. These range from oil stains (the most common) to lacquer stain (generally used only by professionals).
2. The difference between pigments and dyes, and how these two colorants will look on your finished project. The kicker here is that you don’t even need to read the fine print on the can to know what you’re dealing with.
3. The 3 major methods of applying wood stain. Our expert, Bob Flexner, recommends just one of these methods for almost every application. But he tells you a little about when to use the other two methods as well.
4. Pre-stain conditioning. Is this even necessary in most cases? If so, how do you do it? We include some information in this guide on conditioning wood before staining, sometimes called using a washcoat.
5. Some common wood stain challenges. We’ll point you to some solutions!
This is the comprehensive guide on how to stain wood furniture. Download it now!
WITH YOUR DOWNLOAD ON STAINING WOOD, THE POPULAR WOODWORKING COMMUNITY BRINGS YOU:
• Our daily email newsletter offering woodworking techniques, information about quality products and special discounts
• Expert tips and answers to important woodworking questions
• Inside information on the latest tools
• A sneak peak at upcoming articles from Popular Woodworking Magazine
• Dedicated and accessible staff and editors who are willing to help
We think you’re going to find our newsletter and blogs useful and entertaining to read. Because we’re all woodworkers here at Popular Woodworking, we generate a huge amount of valuable woodworking information that we cannot possibly cram into the printed magazine. So the newsletter and community are both great places for us to share what we know with you.
Get your download and learn how to stain wood furniture!
Join the Popular Woodworking newsletter and take the wood staining skills you learn here to the next level.