It’s not every day that you remove the tabletop from your table saw and get a close-up view on the interior workings, so you’ll want to watch this second session of the Delta Unisaw rebuild even if you never plan to rebuild a table saw.
This week Steve Shanesy takes a close look inside the saw. He steps through the individual parts including the trunnions, bearings and the arbor assembly and demonstrates how to clean your ways without a greasy mess. He also shows you how to remove the old bearings, then install new ones using simple tools. And if you’re rebuilding a saw , or if you think you might someday , Steve has a couple tricks to make the job easier.
To watch the second installment, click here.
And if haven’t caught the first act, click here.
Looking for More Free Woodworking Information?
- Sign up for our newsletters to get free plans, techniques and reviews HERE.
- Like tools? We do! Read our latest tool coverage HERE.
- Learn a new woodworking technique today. Click HERE.
- Want more videos? See all our free videos HERE.
- Get 8 years of Popular Woodworking on one CD. Click HERE.